Lavender Festival in Ferrassières
We will be happy to organise your participation in any of the included into the festival programme events.
We can offer you an individually designed guided tour to these locations, which will combine any of the festival programme events with visiting beautiful villages, historical monuments, natural wonders, lavender fields, wine tasting, depending on your interests.
The Lavender Festival is being held each year in the Ferrassières village in Drôme since 1995. The Lavender Festival is being held on the first Sunday of July to celebrate the beginning of the lavender harvesting on the Albion plateau in Drôme. Lavender is in full bloom at this time in the region.
The Festival is a full-day event. Its programme includes:
- various presentations concerning lavender, how it is cultivated, harvested, what is produced on its base, regional traditions concerning lavender,
- promenades to the lavender fields,
- demonstrations of the harvesting and distillation processes, including demonstrations of machines used in these processes in different epochs,
- workshops with possibilities to try make some essence oil,
- traditional local meals lunch,
- lavender and various products on its base market,
- and a lot of good music of course).
Parking and entrance are free.